Technical Lead Software Engineer
WHY WORK HERE?
“The chance to work with an amazing team, partnered with the world’s most admired brands.”
At Message Broadcast, we have created a world-class platform that delivers messaging at scale for Fortune 100 companies in the Finance, Energy, Healthcare and Telecommunications Industries. Our messaging platform manages enterprise communications, delivering positive results by automating interactions with sophisticated personalization based on time, place, preference, profile and response data.
All solutions are designed to dramatically increase customer engagement through self-service, acquisition, retention, and conversion across all channels, including TXT/SMS, MMS, RCS, voice, PUSH, email, and social media. Our highly scaled Platform as a Service (PaaS) delivers reduction to call center calls, proactive effective customer communications, improved J.D. Power CSAT scores, customer channel preference, real-time monitoring & reporting, scalable & deliverable notifications and TCPA mitigation.
With solid leadership, a clear growth path and a wealth of expertise, we foster a collaborative environment and welcome those who want to work with like-minded talent with a modern technology stack. We embrace positive change, open communication and the long-term tenure of our team is a testament to our commitment to the growth of our employees, the success of Message Broadcast and our valued clients.
Currently, we are seeking a Technical Lead for our growing software engineering team. Experience managing projects and workflow in an Agile environment, directing our software engineers and tracking their progress while interacting cross-functionally with QA, Project Management, Client Success and Executive Leadership as well as external client communication is paramount.
You will have expertise with the MERN stack with a focus on Node.js to join our rapidly growing technology team to tackle our next generation messaging PaaS. In this role, you will also write high quality code, establish patterns and best practices, and perform code reviews.
You must be comfortable building internal and public facing REST APIs, as well as having experience with message queue technologies and extensive relational database experience including performance problem solving skills. Our ideal candidate will also bring experience with Agile practices and CI/CD and will help shape efficiency, quality, and process improvements.
- 3+ years experience directing workflow and/or managing a team of software engineers in a hands-on technical leadership role
- 8+ years experience Node.js development experience including building web, database and building RESTful APIs
- Experience with Node.js streaming
- Experience building APIs and micro-services
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum environment
- Familiarity with source control, branching, merging, and release cycles, preferably using Git
- A background with ETL processes
- Experience with NoSQL database such as MongoDB
- A background using RabbitMQ or other open source message broker software
- Knowledgeable with Jira
- Experience working with on and offshore software development teams
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to promote collaboration within teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree / work experience
- Create detailed software development plans and assign tasks to team members
- Serve as a mentor to software developers
- Scope development effort, and provide reliable resource and timeline estimates
- Serve as a technical adviser to management and provide programming perspective on requirements
- Work with IT project team, QA, Client Success and account managers to understand and scope development effort, provide reliable resource and timeline estimates and implement defined requirements
- Write efficient, secure software using modern technologies, methods, and frameworks
- Use Test Driven Development (TDD) processes
- Communicate openly with management
- Influence quality and productivity through process improvements
- Interface with external clients for client software platform implementations, platform features or customization
- Experience working in a consulting industry or with external clients
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with RabbitMQ or another open source message broker software
- Experience with software platform migration from legacy Coldfusion to a modern NodeJS stack
- Flexible work schedule approved by management
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee
- 14 days PTO
- Well-stocked kitchen with energy drinks and other snacks
- Onsite gym with showers
Message Broadcast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
***Message Broadcast does not provide visa sponsorship, transfer or assistance***